film is a REAL degree

Monday, March 28, 2005

My day in London

went down to London today because my brother and i are going to belgium on wednesday. other than pigging out eating bento boxes in chinatown and having a yummy dinner of char kway teow, black bean kway teow and black pepper kway teow (all cooked by my brother and apparently of china house restaurant standard), and napping in the afternoon, i have done pretty much nothing. sooo... i am looking forward to a good day of studying tomorrow. 'why?', you ask. because my brother and i are going to study. his housemate kelvin was already studying when i arrived at his place - like work spread out on the dining table and conscientious work. from an empty house where i did work to keep myself occupied to a house of potential nerds (i think we all are anyway), this might turn out to be a productive holiday! yay!

my brother had some friends over for dinner and after dinner we sat around in his huge room and pam was strumming the guitar trying to figure out the chords for "With All I Am" and everyone was just lounging around reading. it was a nice communal feeling of everyone just relaxing for that time - no one was rushing to be somewhere or to do something. and the lyrics of the song really struck me because prior to that we were talking about the earthquake in Indonesia and it reminded me that He is our focus in life. no matter what comes our way, or how stressed we might be, He is the reason that we live and the reason we sing.