film is a REAL degree

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

am i strange?

have been working for a week and a half so far and my boss is SUPER cool... he is so laid back and we talk like SUPER old friends, even though we have only been friends since last sept. and the funny thing is that today i asked him whether i could go for a longer lunch since i was meeting some VJ friends and he was like, 'ok sure! have fun!' and when i hinted i might go shopping because i am a bit bored at work he said, "ok sure! enjoy yourself."

so why do i sound like i am complaining? because i feel like i am not doing much work... it just seems like i go into the office and do some stuff for a while and then for a long period i have nothing to do so i surf the internet. dont get me wrong - there is work to do in the office. but everyone is so busy doing their own work and following up on their stuff that no one delegates much work to me. and even though some people might think that it's great to have a job that pays pretty well for you to sit there and do nothing, i personally dont like it.

my conclusion: i am a workoholic.

this morning i came into the office after having gone to the bank and clearing some financial stuff for my boss. he was busy 'firefighting' so i hardly had much to do... ended up sorting some papers on his desk and answering some questions that he asked about admin work. then he told me to read some of the magazines that he subscribes to so we can have a 'meeting of minds' later. after my super long (2 1/2 hr) lunch, i came back and the guys had packed up all the stuff to be moved on site for an exhibition starting tomorrow and were leaving the office. it was a good thing that i had decided at lunch that i'd buy some huge pieces of coloured paper to do a wall calender for the office for year 2005 so they could record all the shows they worked for. so i did art and craft at work for 2 hours in an empty office. after that it was more magazine reading and some checking of invoices. and then when my boss came back he briefed me on what he needs me to do tomorrow. afterwhich he was telling me about some stand-up comedian episode he had on his laptop and we listened to it for a while.

it sounds fun and it was but i guess i am the kind that needs something to stimulate me. to combat that i came home and baked a batch of brownies which i will take to work. it helped me feel less useless. like i can contribute to the company in some way.

by the way, i told my boss i was feeling sian and his immediate reaction was, 'what did i do now?'

he's such a funny guy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home