film is a REAL degree

Friday, September 02, 2005

11 years of wearing glasses

went to the optician to get the lens of my spare spectacles changed as they were scratched and decided to test my eyes to see if my myopia/astigmatism went up. well only the astigmatism on my right eye has gone up so that's not too bad.

after talking to the sales guy (who always serves me when i go), i decided to change to a new pair of frameless glasses because it will only be $40 more than if i only changed the lens on my present spectacles. and anyway the pair i have now feels like it can easily drop because the sides are metal and the spring isnt very tight (people who wear glasses will understand).

my spare pair is coming back on monday and my new frameless ones will be in on friday!

speaking of which, do you know i have been wearing glasses since primary 3? sometime in the middle of the year (?) so i have actually been wearing glasses for 11 years! and in the past 11 years i have gone through so many different types and styles...

this is my FIRST EVER pair! can you believe i thought these were cute? well they were... and still are... but they are SO ROUND! and SOOOO LOUD! hahaha... i was the second person in class to have specs and i was excited about it... so funny huh? see the bridge? it's one continuous plastic bit! good for kids...

then after these came some metal ones... i remember a Snoopy one (gold and pink), some cocoa-coloured one and an Esprit one (dark blue - REALLY NICE)... then came my funky pink and blue one (two-toned to give the impression of purple from the front) and afterwhich was my frameless one. the next one is frameless too! i like frameless cos for a person who is too chicken to get contacts (and also has easily irritated, ultra sensitive eyes), it's the closest to not looking like you wear specs.

was checking out my degree and i realised that my degree is actually very low! i think when i got the plastic pair my degree actually went down slightly! quite a feat that in 11 years, my degree now is close to my degree in primary 4 or 5? somewhere there... it is 150 on the left (astigmatism is 150 as well) and 225 on the right (astigmatism is 100). i only had astigmatism in secondary school i think.

so excited about my new specs! i am one weird, weird kid...