film is a REAL degree

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Immersed in Bates and Hitch

first of all, it is a miracle i finished the essay on time - considering that i started my essay proper at about 2am (with only 100 words done beforehand) and finished 3,146 words by 11am.

thank you God for your grace!

one thing i discovered - in winter, the time between 4 and 5am is the coldest of the night/morning.

got back my previous Hollywood essay and it was a 63 - which got me a bit down because of the comments sarah wrote. she said that i had good points (though some un-validated a few others) but my writing style is too casual that it takes the strength of my argument away a bit. sigh. and to think this year i was TRYING to make the essay sound like it was my opinion (which was what i was told i should do last year because my essays were too research-based and thus a lot of regurgitation of scholarly viewpoints).

and guess how many people handed in the 'optional' essay today!

8

out of a class of 56.

to clarify my last post, indeed the library is a glorious place because it is where i can get the books i really need for an essay.

especially 24 hours before it is due.