film is a REAL degree

Friday, April 14, 2006

5 magnificent days at the Royal Opera House

i cant begin to talk about how amazing the last few days were! this has been one amazing course and it was so sad to leave yesterday. it felt like we had been there for years and years yet it all went by so fast!

I got to watch the Royal Ballet in class and in rehearsal! they were AMAZING!
I saw Tamara Rojo and Sylvie Guillem in the ballet class!
I got to sit in the Orchestra Stalls to watch the Royal Ballet's Triple Bill
I STOOD FRONT-CENTRE OF THE STAGE IN THE MAIN AUDITORIUM OF THE ROYAL OPERA HOUSE!
I dined with Royal Ballet, Royal Opera and Orchestra members as well as high-flying members of staff everyday in the staff & artists' canteen (which has fantastic food and great prices!)
I got to meet Monica Mason, Director of the Royal Ballet
I also got to meet the Director or Opera, Director of Finance and Business, Director of Development and Director of Education (all women!)
I had the opportunity to learn about how they all got to where they are now and received valuable career advice
I made great contacts with Education Dept officers and managers
I watched an Opera for the first time!
I had my own backstage pass and could use the stage door!
I sat in the Orchestra pit and saw the trap doors!
I watched a new opera in rehearsal on stage
I saw a demonstration of the amazing work of the wig and makeup team
I made FANTASTIC new friends who share a passion for working in the arts industry
I discovered brand licensing and had a wonderful group and we made a fantastic presentation that impressed our mentor and the Education team! She even commented that she might even hire us!

This has been a fabulous experience! (and a week with so many superlatives used) I feel so blessed and so inspired! :)

1 Comments:

  • It was pretty amazing wasn't it! Were you with the group that went up into the fly tower and watched the opera rehearsal above the stage? :)

    It was so phantom of the opera, teehee!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home