film is a REAL degree

Thursday, May 25, 2006

International Student Barometer Survey

i figured, since they give me this opportunity to have my voice heard (since the University is the only one not to have sent a reply, even if it is a template, to my email of complaint), I might as well make full use of it to vent my frustrations.

Question 16: If you would like to comment on the learning experience please do so here.

I am appalled at the industrial action taken at the moment and believe that my learning experience this year has been compromised. While I have put down on the form that I am satisfied at the assessment, I am only grading things that HAVE been assessed. It is unfair for international students to be paying such high fees and not getting the full education that we should be given. We have paid for a service that we are not satisfied with because it has been incomplete. I demand that the University give an answer as to what is being done in terms of reparations (and yes I am referring to monetary). We have the power to sway future Warwick students from our home countries to consider pursuing their higher education in other countries that treat their staff better and are more considerate of the needs of their students. Do not underestimate the power of 'word-of-mouth', especially if you are still considering opening a branch of the University in Singapore, my home country.

Question 24: Would you recommend the university to other students thinking of applying to this institution?
a) I would actively encourage people to apply
b) If asked, I would encourage people to apply
c) I would neither encourage nor discourage people
d) If asked, I would not encourage people to apply
e) I would actively discourage people from applying

Answer: B

Question 25: If you would like to add a comment please do so here.

In response to the question above, I would like to state that my experience at Warwick has been enjoyable until a few months ago when the Universtiy failed to bring an end to industrial action and attempted to intimidate its staff by docking their pay. Based on that, I chose that answer but might change my mind if the situation (which I was led to believe would be temporary) is not resolved.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home