film is a REAL degree

Thursday, March 08, 2007

laptop blues

my laptop kind of died on me. i know that sounds vague, especially when i should also points out that it IS still working. but in an eerie way - sort of like me and the laptop are playing mind games with each other...

it started last saturday when i was watching Friends on my laptop before going out for Stuart's fundraiser thing (which was FANTASTIC! the old Tap Dogs performed!!) - mid-joke the laptop decided to shut down. not even a 'this programme is not responding and has to shut down' thing. it just switched itself completely off. then i switched it on again but there was no blue-screen-of-death thing so i thought, hmmm probably some one-off problem. but NOOOO... because a few minutes later, just as all the programmes were starting up, my laptop decided to go on strike again.

it starts up perfectly fine now (i'm slowly backing up files on my external hard drive) but i'm so cautious that i dont have it on for more than 15mins. lynn and josh both seem to think it overheated, especially since i was running Windows Media Player when it shut down the first time. thankfully josh has an extra laptop - which is running on Windows 98 and that his dad bought (it's old office hardware) for RM100. works perfectly fine and is keeping me from freaking out about not having a computer on my desk with internet connection.

i guess they dont make laptops like they used to...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home