film is a REAL degree

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

bruised but not battered (yet)

2 days of dance and my body feels exhausted but tingly (in a good i-can-feel-my-muscles-working way).

yesterday's ballet was very good because i did not feel as lousy as i when i started last term. not having done ballet for 4 years and going to the advanced class was a challenge but this term i am feeling a lot more confident about my dancing and not so self-conscious about how i stand in the class.

on the bad side, my toe had a collision with a girl in front of me while we were doing a split jump of sorts. her back foot banged into my front foot in the air as i was coming down - there was a loud thud and i went 'OOOPPSS!' loud because i thought i hurt her. it took me a few seconds to realise that my big toe was throbbing (i seem to have slow pain reflexes). and did i mention she was wearing pointe shoes while i was in normal soft ballet shoes? sigh.

today's jazz was so rejuvinating because i could feel my body yelling in pain when we did warm-ups. WARM-UPS! we have a killer warm-up routine that really works your arms and thighs and abs. the crunches and push-ups were rather insane today (mainly because we do it to music and it is done continuously). and the dance was like 'WHOA what was that step/argh/erm oops'. really fast and difficult steps. but it felt good to get it almost right by the end. now we all need to work on 'style and attitude' as Liz pointed out. sigh.

i feel like such a rag doll at the moment. have i mentioned i seem to have bruises on my arms and legs that i dont remember getting? or rather, i cant imagine how they were caused. maybe banging into furniture? because they cant all be from dance... hmmm...