film is a REAL degree

Saturday, August 05, 2006

till death do us not part

visiting the columbarium today to see the niche where my grandfather's ashes were placed was a mix of emotions - sadness and sensibilty and humour. we talked about all the practicalities with my parents filling me and my brother in on all the information about the Garden of Remembrance and about how they will put the marble slab in only after my grandmother passes on so that they can do a joint one. it is fitting that my grandfather's niche is in the P section because they alphabeticized all the sections and each given a name - P was for Peace. and in a way, the place gave me such a sense of peace, just as how my grandfather passed away. and really, in the past few months, i've seen how God works in His time.

in the columbarium, i perused the niches around my grandfather's and saw many couples that had their urns put together, with pictures of the two together smiling so happily on the marble slab. and that's how i want to be remembered when i leave this world. not in my lowest of lows but radiant and joyful, and my remains sealed in a niche next to the one i love.