film is a REAL degree

Friday, April 27, 2007

in appreciation of my dad

my parents are renovating the house which i can imagine is a nightmare because they are actually doing a whole load of stuff (ripping out built-in wardrobes, completely gutting out toilets, re-positioning the sink and the cooker in the kitchen...) and they have been trying to sort out my room with me online. so when it comes to the question of "what colour do you want your room" (and "what about the wardrobe"/"do you want your toilet walls the same colour as well"), it is quite a headache on both sides since we are both not looking at the same colour palette (or even ANY colour palette at all) and trying to decide.

my dad has been working from home these days and i've been getting several emails from him that just make me smile. he probably is rather bored at home so he scanned in several pages of colour charts for the wardrobe (solid colours and woodgrain), zipped it into a folder and gave instructions for me to choose by telling him which page, row and column i decided on. then he did a powerpoint of photos that my mom took of the bathroom stuff when they went wholesale shopping and added arrows and text boxes with information about what is going into whose bathroom.

so much love... :)

if i was renovating my house and my children were away, i'd not bother and just decorate it to my own taste. HAHAHA...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home