film is a REAL degree

Thursday, May 10, 2007

any psychiatrist will have a field day with me

i had a series of very weird dreams last night, most of which i dont remember but i'll just recall what i can...

i dreamt that i i had been sent on a task to pick up 10 rabbits (or maybe it was hamsters) and 10 babies. except that i went to a farm/laboratory/pet-shop-looking thing to pick them up. the person who was running this place was Justin Lee Collins (the guy with the wild hair from 'The Friday Night Project' who also did 'Bring Back... The A Team'). so i walked into his facility, telling him my requirements and he gave me a cardboard box which he and i then proceeded to the enclosure (which to get there, we walked through some concreted area of a farm and to the end where there was a huge fenced up area) pick out 10 rabbits and placed them in the box. then i said, ok now i just need to get the babies and then i can go on and get the rest of my chores sorted. he took another box, and we went to another place on this farm (which by now had turned into a laboratory) where he had some rooms with huge glass windows on the side that looked into the place where the babies were being kept. there were some women cuddling the babies but Justin told me that we wont have problem getting 10 babies. it looked like there were babies lying on some hay (very much like what the rabbits i had seen earlier were on). but then i realised that his box wont be able to hold all the babies (because a cardboard box OBVIOUSLY cannot carry 60 kg of babies, and also that it will be too difficult carrying a box of rabbits and a box of babies and continue running errands (not forgetting that 1 box will require 2 hands to carry). so Justin said that it wasnt a problem for him to look after my boxes for me while i ran my other errands as long as i dont forget to pick them up on the way home.

fast forward to the next section of the dream...

i was with my chinese tutor (i cant remember which one - it seems like she was a combination of my private tutor and my primary 6 teacher) and some of my secondary school friends and we had applied to go on a weekend trip to Russia. i was really looking forward to it, and so sure that i had got a place so i packed all my stuff and got ready my bags. i even packed some chinese snacks (a wheatgrass milkshake and some mochi) which i had nearly forgotten as i got into a car/bus that took us all to the airport (i ran back in to get the plastic bag). on the bus my tutor reminded us that we had to hand in a book review on the Monday and i panicked because i thought that if i went on the trip it meant that i didnt need to do the report. and i had to finish reading 'Things Fall Apart' over the weekend as well (it IS actually a book i wanted to finish reading for my exam revision). one of my friends who wasnt applying for the trip asked me if i was going to be able to finish and i smugly said, yeah i'll manage, this trip will so totally be worth it. then the bus pulled up at the airport and they made an announcement saying that applicants from the following groups had been selected for the trip and if you had applied and were part of a group that was not called, it meant you were unsuccessful. and thought i heard them say that my group had not been selected (even though there had been applicants from the group). i thought they had made a mistake and went up to collect my ticket only to be told that i hadnt been selected. one of my friends tried to console me that it was a good thing because now i could concentrate on my book review and finishing my other work while those people that got selected would have to work their asses off during and after the trip to finish it. so we walked back to the bus interchange where one of my friends ran off saying that her bus (no. 7 to Tampines) was at the bay and she needed to get on. my two other friends went to queue at the no. 14 stand and i stood around waiting with them for their bus since i didnt want to go be alone just yet. i suddenly realised that i didnt have my plastic bag of goodies anymore and that my friend in the queue had carried it for me. i remember thinking, i'm going to enjoy the snacks even if i am not on that flight! so i asked if she could hand it back to me. she opened her backpack and started taking out bits that had been in the bag ("this is yours... and i think this as well... anything else...?"). i said, i gave you the entire bag, not just bits of the stuff. then she went, "oh yeah! sorry, i forgot". so i finally got all my stuff just as her bus arrived and we said goodbye and i walked away. i found myself walking past a swimming pool where an even was going on and people were cheering in the stands. i remember hearing one of my friends' voice saying 'oh i really hope i can get into AC JC' and all i could think was, great but havent we already finish JC? and to get in/even talk about getting into JC cant be a good thing because it means we've regressed? i found myself walking alone out of the sports stadium and seeing a police car parked on my left across the road. i couldnt find a zebra crossing so decided that i couldnt get in trouble for crossing the road so i did. and just as i did, two cars came from opposite directions (on this single lane road) and came to a stop just in time. the driver of the car on my right yelled at the driver on my left saying that it was a one-way street and he had turned onto the wrong section of the road. in all this time, no one came out of the police car so i figured it was just parked there and the policement probably went to watch the swim meet. as i crossed the road, i suddenly found myself along Siglap Road because i recognised the sign of one of the dentists but the area looked strange because the roads forked instead of going straight.

then i woke up.

i spent the morning trying to figure out my dream and here is my conclusion -

the rabbits: came from the episode of 'The Apprentice' (UK) that i watched last night
the genetically-modified babies: i had seen a tralier for a TV program called 'Animal Farm' which talked about genetically-modified animals
the book review: anxieties about work/revision
the whole trip to Russia fiasco + possibly the JC thing as well: me not getting a job
the mochi: probably because the day before i had gone to the chinese store in Cannon Park and the guy in front of me at the till opened the fridge and took out a packet of some chinese pastries. and i remember thinking, oh i didnt know that that glass panel was actually a door to the fridge!
wheatgrass: i opened my bag of spinach yesterday and some had gotten a bit mushy from the water vapour and thus there was a strong chlorophyll smell in the bag - reminded me of green tea which reminded me of a conversation i had with some Brit friends about green tea and wheatgrass

still, when i told josh my dream (and also because he has heard of my other weird dreams in the past few days), he said i needed help...

5 Comments:

  • Hahahahahaha! Box of babies! I think it's the time of the year that causing weird dreams. I had a weird one two days ago!

    I dreamt I was working in this damp and cramped little room with a girl and a guy under the supervision of this crazy art teacher from KTJ Mr Lim. At one point I think I was sleeping in the room for a while. I don't know why. But then we had to deliver big (I want to say furniture but I somehow don't think it is) things to this building that had a lift that only went up in multiples of 2 floors. And then *zoom* back at the room, it was raining really heavily and Lim came to get us to cross the corridor (unroofed) to go pick rubbish. He had a big umbrella and brought the other two across leaving me behind of course. I think it's because he hates prefects. (I wasn't a 'prefect' in this dream but in school I was) And then I had to run across, getting soaked in the process. Owh! And we had to pair up to pick leaves and when I bent down I noticed I was wearing two different shoes (one side mine and the other some weird poofy-cushiony-purple-and-white-high-top shoe. I asked my partner why I my shoes were different and she said when I was sleeping, Lim exchanged one of my shoes with the shoe of the other guy who worked in the little room.

    Random, no? Hahahaha!

    By Blogger PHOBELINA, at 10:22 am  

  • I gave up halfway through reading your airport thing... it's very confusing. I used to think you were weird. Now I really don't know what to think!

    By Blogger music revolutionary, at 12:46 pm  

  • so i'm confused... where does the furniture bit come in?

    By Blogger ade, at 3:02 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger PHOBELINA, at 9:21 pm  

  • Haha! I don't know. It was just this bit with delivering something big somewhere.. I think the highlight of the dream was the shoe-exchanging. Haha! I don't think my dreams have very organised plots. :)

    By Blogger PHOBELINA, at 9:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home