film is a REAL degree

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

allergies to dogs

for the past few weeks i have been getting rather sneezey and so i put it down to the pollutants in urban Singapore (because i hardly get sick in the UK - it's the country air i tell you...). and i used to get red eyes from the dust that gets into my eyes as well as not washing my hands after playing with my dog and unsuspectingly rubbing my eyes when they are dry... for all of you that have had contact with my dog, as cute as he is, he kind of is a dirt magnet... blame it on the fact that he likes to rub himself on the rough porch floor when he needs a good scratch and when he feels the urge to exercise his gardening skills. my mom says he is like Pig Pen (think the character from the Peanuts comic strip).

well on sunday i visited caleb because he was throwing a birthday party and he has 2 dogs... i have to establish that they are very clean dogs. but after playing with them for a while, i got irritated eyes and started getting sniffly again...

so i have concluded that i am allergic to dogs.

for now i am keeping away from my dog... strict discipline of washing my hands after playing with my dog...

i used to have allergies when i was a child and i guess it is coming back again for a season. and perhaps because i havent been playing with dogs in 6 months...

any other explanations everyone?