film is a REAL degree

Sunday, August 14, 2005

mahjong for idiots

My company had a chalet on friday for one of the guys who is going to the army for NS at the end of the month so we had a HUGE BBQ with loads of yummy food. And since i work in a male environment, naturally i needed to bring some female reinforcements. This is where ANTONIA came in! :)

My wonderful Kiwi friend (she isnt a true Singaporean because she doesnt eat otah... haha...) was such a good-sport cos she came to the chalet knowing only me.


Anyway, we played 2 person Bridge and ate LOADS of food... and then we settled down for a mahjong teaching session.

Terence and Leonard were teaching me how to play mahjong, with the help of Kaijian being the one that translated the explanations into mathematical jargon for the benefit of my understanding. Ant already knew how to play so she was helping me...

But of course one nught was not enough so last night i went back again because the mahjong queen was back in town! Tracey was a FANTASTIC coach (she's is my ex-boss and my current boss' wife) and she amazingly managed to help me play, watch TV and cast snide remarks at the other players. When i left 90mins later, i had 'won' $28.

Yes indeed we need more of these office 'bonding' sessions. I LOVE MY JOB!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home