film is a REAL degree

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Happy Birthday (again) Big Brother

the plan was for me to surprise my brother with a birthday cake from Hummingbird Bakery on Portobello Road but then he surprised my mom by telling her that he was planning on getting a cake from PAUL in Covent Garden so she had to tell him that i was already getting a cake. AND so my brother got in contact with me and he had a long discussion - PAUL or Hummingbird and it was the cream cheese icing on Hummingbird's cakes that won. my brother audaciously asked for 2 cakes so that his friends could partake in some of the Bakery's creations so i ordered a 6" Red Velvet Cake and a 6" Yellow Vanilla Cake. my mom and i went all the way to collect it the day she landed and i arrived in London and we had to battle the rush hour nightmare on the London Underground trying to transport the cake back to my brother's place in one piece (or rather, 2 pieces) because the shop had put them in humungous boxes which were then put into paper carrier bags. but they made it and were really delicious!
this is the Yellow Vanilla (which my brother preferred)
we did the Yellow Vanilla cake the honours of all the adorable candles that i had bought in Coventry (from Sozo in the Warwick Arts Centre as they were having a 1/3 off all prices closing down sale)
doesnt that just look magical? little people on fire!!
and this is the Red Velvet that was really rich but i love! (and i was watching Gilmore Girls the other day and in one of the episodes, Michel talked about how he loves going to eat Red Velvet at Westins with Lorelai... hehehe...)

3 Comments:

  • Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 pm  

  • I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 pm  

  • I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home