film is a REAL degree

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Watching the latest episode of Gilmore Girls this morning, I felt that someone really understood how I felt

Rory: Everything's just ending. I just feel like everything is going to be over. I'm done at the paper, soon I am going to be done at Yale and I'm just like, I'm standing on this cliff looking out into this huge foggy...
Lucy: Abyss?
Rory: Like a huge foggy abyss! and... and in my whole life there has never been an abyss. it's been abyss-less! I've always known exactly what is in front of me. And I've always know exactly where I am going and now... I don't know what's out there.
Olivia: Besides fog.
Rory: A tonne of fog. And I hate not knowing what is out there. I mean what's going to happen with my career, and my relationship with Logan, and the rest of my life!
Lucy: Rory...!
Rory: I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to drag everything down...
Lucy: I SO know what you are talking about.
Olivia: Totally!
Rory: Really?
Lucy: Are you kidding? Once I move that tassle to the other side I have no idea what the hell I am going to do. I mean, besides that FBI gig.
Olivia: I'm an Art major, not like that is an obvious roadsign to the rest of my life.
Rory: I can't believe you guys worry about this. I mean, you're so carpe diem-ish.
Lucy: Well how can you not be worried about it?
Olivia: Everywhere you turn on campus someone is talking about their brilliant plans for next year.
Lucy: Even our friends that are really cool and laid back, English majors, Philosphy majors... they are talking about becoming investment bankers. When did that happen?
Olivia: Traitors.
Lucy: And the other day someone used the phrase "negative amortization". What the hell is that?!
(pause)
Rory: I have no idea what I'm doing. (pause) Maybe I should be applying to grad school or something. Journalism school or Law school. Maybe I should go to Law school.
Lucy: Dude, you don't want to go to Law school.
Rory: I SO don't want to go to Law school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home