film is a REAL degree

Saturday, October 15, 2005

my new place on Kensington Road


i have a double bed in my room! it kind of is slightly smaller than a queen-sized one. my bed sheets and covers were all in the wash but it looks nice in white. :)

at the end of the bed is my TV and super tall shelf, good for storage of my supplies like batteries and hooks (if you can imagine, my room is VERY odd shaped because the white wall in the foreground used to be the air well for the fireplace downstairs). thank you josh for both the TV and the shelf! (he was passed down loads of free stuff from friends that graduated since he was around in summer)

as you can see, i seem to have filled up all my shelves! glad have a nice deep table because on the side near the wall (with the rose picture) i have my books. on the chest of drawers on the left, i've used the top for my files.

my table is against the window so i get loads of light (and the window is opposite my bed so the light shines in in the morning (good wake up call!)
the one thing i'm not too pleased about in my room is the fact that the cupboard is rather small - the sleeves of my jackets and shirts all stick out and tightly squashed together!

the stairs down from my room to the ground floor. we've got a prettily tiled hallway - the white door is our front door and the gold slot is where the mail gets dropped in every morning.


on the ground floor is the living room - a 3-seater sofa and 2 armchairs. the fireplace doesnt work put looks nice though. we have just got SKY TV so we have cable (and SKY Sports).

the living room leads to the kitchen and behind is the toilet. the house is amazingly clean thanks to germaine and rachel who have been earnestly cleaning. we have a duty roster for all the common areas and it has been kept to for the last 3 weeks. so much better than on campus accomodation...


the pink toilet! however, i must say that having only 1 toilet for 4 people isnt the best because sometimes you really NEED the toilet and another person is in there and you just have to wait... :(