film is a REAL degree

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

what i discovered (and confirmed) from my last all-nighter

1. my concentration level and level of 'awakeness' drops DRAMATICALLY at 2am. it is the time that i am almost certainly not able to do work AT ALL and once i pass that hour my concentration level goes up again.

2. taking a shower definitely helps keep me awake (a very hot shower is soooo relaxing) and in the shower my mind becomes clear and i formulate points to write in my head...

3. when the sun rises (which is gradually becoming to a weird time like 4.45am), time seems to move so much slower, almost as if it is slowing down just for me to have more time before my deadline.

4. i am very effective from 4am onwards. on monday morning i wrote 500 words per hour from 4 to 6am and another 500 words from 6 to 7.20am. that was effectively 60% of my essay in approximately 3 and a half hours.

5. i am never satisfied with my essay until a maximum of an hour before the deadline.

isnt it crazy that i have 3 weeks to my exams and i still have one more essay due next tues? sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home