film is a REAL degree

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

my huge cooking plans

so this whole lor mai kai thing has been started on my blog, thanks to josh. :) today at cell i was talking to tricia about it and she got everyone excited about my cooking. HAHAHAHA... goodness. i think it is partially because it is exam term and people are burying their noses in books and here i am cooking. like spending loads of my time/energy cooking. because (a) it is calming/relaxing, (b) it takes my mind off the stress, (c) i need good food to fuel me, (d) it is a more productive break-time activity.

so i decided to cook a meal for the girls in cell. especially because poor eliza has stressful housemates that play this really FUN game. it is a "let's all study 11 hrs a day and whoever doesnt has to cook dinner for us" game. LIKE SCARY.

and in the meantime i realised i used up all my chinese sausage which the recipe for lor mai kai calls for. so what do i do? i start scouting around for chinese sausage. guess what? my BELOVED daphne has! and she is psyched up to come cook lor mai kai with me! hahahah... how exciting!

mother dear, your daughter is fully utilizing her time away from home to learn and polish her hostess skills. she aims to grow up to throw the BEST dinner parties and yes, this is INVESTMENT for your big 25th wedding anniversary party because if your daughter does the catering you will get GOOD FOOD for half the cost.

was talking to jieyang today and he commented that i am always eating/talking about food. do i always...? hmmm...

by the way, if anyone is suffering for malnutrition/bad student food, msg me (or tag) and maybe you might get invited to a meal. should i start charging? if not i might make losses... hmmm... moon! remember my ingenius plans to start a catering business at NTU? hehehe... sounds like things are shaping up!

P.S. did i mention that josh and i are planning this HUGE meal for my housemates at the end of term? I SOOOO CANT WAIT FOR THAT! we already started planning! forward thinking...