film is a REAL degree

Friday, May 13, 2005

my misadventure at the laundrette

have i mentioned that me and the laundrette dont have yuan fen (fate)?

in the first term, i lost a panty in the washing machine. it was one of my nice pink ones too! when i told sherwin that he laughed and said that those sort of stories (where people's clothes get eaten up by the machines) are the sort you'd hear of in NUS (National University of Singapore). jieyang's conclusion at that time was that i have a stalker. hahaha...

every once in a while my coins get eaten up by the machines. especially the dryer. AND ONCE THE CHANGE MACHINE ATE UP MY MONEY. i put a GBP5 note in and only 2 pounds came out. the machine had run out of change. so i went to rootes social building to complain to accomodations who told me that the laundrette was managed by the union. then i had to go to union reception and file a complaint. only got my money back later in the day.

and yesterday... sigh... oh yesterday...

i did my laundry last night. put a full load into the dryer because of an amazing lack of dryers that were free for use. came back and guess what i discovered when i opened the door? one of my bras had gotten caught in the drum! i tried to tug at it for a long time then remembered that josh, who was at my house eating dinner, had a swiss army knife. came back and not only borrowed the swiss army knife but also the owner of the swiss army knife to come help. THANKFULLY it was one of my more presentable bras (black and simple) and he and i were trying to figure out what to do. he used his knife to hold the back plates open and i tried to pull it out but we realised that the clasp had hooked onto the plate. so... i said, just cut it. and he said, wah your bra very hard to cut. after a long time of sawing at it, he tugged again and the band came out, without the clasp which was stick onto the plate. so actually, if we had tried hard enough, we didnt have to cut the bra. sigh.

i am definitely looking forward to having my own washing machine next year. and i can imagine that the moment sherwin reads this he will laugh in my face. sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home