film is a REAL degree

Thursday, May 12, 2005

things are swinging into momentum (hopefully)

been more productive the last few days doing work. i have discovered that when the house is very quiet, the lounge is a good place to study because of the HUGE table and the close proximity to the kitchen (hehehe...). yesterday iain and i cleaned the table (i used a sponge and soap and scrubbed the table) while he dried it and we sat down and did work. it was rather productive in the evening (after the rest of my housemates got bored of making noise and being silly) and it reminded me of my old studying habit of hogging the dining table at home with piles of books and files which i found very effective. in addition, studying in the lounge means no internet so no excuse to distract myself (except for food which i have never considered a distraction anyway).

yesterday i was talking to daphne because she was going to make marshmellows from scratch (impressive!) and i told her that TESCO and Sainsbury's didnt sell plain gelatin. but while searching online at the Sainsbury's website, i suddenly had this inspiration to bake a tart. hahaha... yes i am getting into the swing of cooking again. it always seems the case when i am stressed/studying that i have urges to cook. i guess food makes me feel all OoOOo inside. if you get my drift.

my studying is a bit slow but at least i am sitting down and seriously getting some work done. :) hopefully i will get ENOUGH work done before the exams. wondering if a first class is too much to aim for because my film average is a second upper and my literature is barely a first. oh well. i'm trusting in God and shall not stress about grades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home