film is a REAL degree

Monday, May 23, 2005

i need You God to be faithful

finding out some stuff can be upsetting and when you look at the situation it oftens brings you down and you get all worried and upset. and then your mind starts racing and you think of 'what's the worse that can happen' and you get even more scared.

at times like these it is easy to forget God's faithfulness in the past, and how much He has blessed you. everyday is a blessing from Him already. every friend is sent by Him. everything you have was because of Him. it is easy to say to yourself, "dont worry... He will be there for you... trust in Him" but you can still feel the fear inside.

today in church pastor duncan was praying for people who have fear and worry in their lives and i stood in answer to that call. i felt it was so personal because of all the issues i have been having. and when i found out some stuff tonight, my first reaction was, "nevermind... it isnt THAT big a problem" but the more i thought the more i started to get upset. my faith wanes and it is so easy to lose sight of God. and to think that i have already received prayer this morning for the problem in my life!

i feel that sometimes my faith is so weak. i know that it was better that Christ ascended into Heaven and sits at God's right hand because it means that His work is complete. but sometimes, when i am especially down, i wish he was still on earth and i could get a hug from Him. like i need a physical hug to feel secure.

josh just shared this song with me... it is hard to pick yourself up when you are so down but it helps to have people close by to aid you along the way... they are reminders sent from God that He hasnt left you all alone to face the world.

You are my hiding place
You always fill my heart
with songs of deliverance
Whenever I am afraid
I will trust in You
I will trust in You
Let the weak say
"I am strong in the strength of the Lord"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home